SUPPORT WORKER – Tewin Road, Hemel Hempstead – £8.21ph
About the Role
We are looking for a Support Worker to join our Service in Tewin Road, Hemel Hempstead.
The service is easily accessible by local buses H10, 300 and 301.
Joining our CQC Rated “Good” service, you will be supporting up to 6 individuals with varying levels of learning disabilities and working 31 hours per week.
We have service users with challenging behaviour, some limited communication and mental health issues.
We are providing individuals with practical and emotional care, enabling them to lead as ordinary life as they can achieve.
You will need to be flexible as you are required to work shifts including bank holidays, weekends and potentially sleep ins.
If your best traits are positivity, friendliness and innovation then this job is for you!
Benefits of being a CareTech Employee
- We provide a full induction programme to Care Certificate Standards
- We provide FREE training to achieve qualifications in Social Care
- Career progression path within the company
- Employee Assistance Helpline
- Flexible Additional Holiday Purchase Scheme
- We offer Apprenticeships to those with less experience looking to join the Care Sector
- Various shift patterns available to suit your lifestyle
- DBS check paid by CareTech prior to starting with us
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To participate in the day-to-day implementation of individual support plans and activities within a challenging environment
- To maintain effective communication and liaison with service users, families and other whilst respecting appropriate confidentiality
- To support service users with the preparation of meals, laundry duties, cleaning and social events
- To maintain accurate notes and records as and when required
- To work as part of a team to provide high quality care.
The Successful Candidate for the role will have
- NVQ in Health and Social Care or be willing to work towards
- Experience in supporting adults with challenging behavior, learning disabilities and/or mental health issues
- The ability to keep calm under pressure
- Confidence to work alone and as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills
- The passion to work with vulnerable Adults.
- The desire and commitment to achieve high standards of safeguarding.
- To achieve high standards of safeguarding.
CareTech Community Services established in 1993 has 250 services with continuous growth with new developments/services. CareTech Community Services is a national provider of support for people with complex and challenging behaviours associated with autism, learning disabilities, mental health illness and neurological conditions. We support people to live as independently as possible within their own homes and also in residential care.
We are committed to providing the highest levels of care to our residents. To enable us to do this we need caring and dedicated professionals to deliver first class care.
All applicants will be subject to satisfactory references and all employees are checked against the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS).
Some of our roles require male or female employees only, where this is indicated it is a genuine occupational requirement in accordance with the Equality Act 2010.
CareTech Community Services are proud to confirm that they are Disability Confident Leaders.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES.