At MWH Treatment we believe that people matter. We know that to build successful, creative teams we need a diverse workforce that can deliver new innovative ways of thinking. We provide an environment where you will have the freedom to develop and grow to your full potential.
MWH Treatment is looking to strengthen their operations team with a Sub Agent for our ESD joint venture framework. Based on one of our projects near Galashiels you will support the Site Manager in the planning, organisation, supervision and delivery of all site construction activities.
ESD is a joint venture between MWH Treatment, Black & Veatch, and Galliford Try formed to deliver Scottish Water’s Non-Infrastructure programme.
You will report directly to the Site Manager and the responsibilities will include:
· Assisting the Site Manager in the initial site set-up, actively installing ESD systems and procedures.
· Co-ordinate and control construction activities ensuring the project runs to schedule and budget
· Day to Day management of site activities, including supervising and monitoring the site. operations and carrying out briefings as necessary, preparing RAMS and ensuring compliance.
· Ensure that effective methods of communication are used in transmitting information to operatives and subcontractors.
· Co-ordinate site setting out to satisfy contract programme requirements, delegating or carrying out setting out as necessary.
· Ensuring plant and materials are ordered and supplied as required.
· Monitoring of the quality of the works in conjunction with the Test and Inspection Plan and maintaining as built records.
· Actively support the Site Manager in maintaining and enforcing safety standards as required by statute and in accordance with the ESD safety policies
· HNC or Degree in Civil Engineering
· Civil Engineering background, preferably with a contractor in the Water treatment Industry
· Preferably SMSTS/SSSTS
· First Aid
MWH Treatment is an integrated design and build solution provider operating in the water sector. We have over 1,000 staff working across eight regional centres, primarily supporting six long term water sector frameworks operating both as MWH Treatment and increasingly in joint ventures and alliances.
At MWH Treatment we create opportunity by inviting, embracing and celebrating difference.
Our goal as an employer is to recruit, motivate, and develop our employees with diverse ranges of talents and perspectives to ensure that we have the breadth of viewpoints, experiences, and skills needed to succeed.
Embracing diversity of all kinds enables MWH Treatment to provide a work environment and culture that play a key role in attracting and retaining the right people with the right skills.
Living these values and committing to diversity and inclusion supports and enhances our employees and acts as a key differentiator in the market.
We are signed up to the Armed Forces Corporate Covenant in making a promise to support our forces. We are working with CTP to help ex veterans find work in the civilian world. We also support Mates in Mind which is a charitable programme to improve and promote positive mental health in the workplace…… click apply for full job details