Senior Mechanical Engineer – Contract or Permanent candidates – Midlands
I am currently looking for a Senior Mechanical Engineer for a client of mine in the West Midlands to be an instrumental member of their already well-established engineering team.
Essential skills/previous experience:
* Concept design experience ideally using the CAD system Inventor, however other CAD systems will still be considered for the position
* Experience within railroad of designing structures – chassis, transmissions, gears boxes, etc
* Can perform stress calculation on structures
* Worked within a similar industry, so railroad or trucking manufacture
* Has been in a senior or lead position previously and enjoys dealing with that level of responsibility
* Extensive experience within the industry and your field
* You will be comfortable leading a team of designers
* Looking for progression and to work closely with the engineering manager
* Someone who has taken responsibility for different aspects of design in their time, not just a specialist in designing one component
* Not afraid to also get very hands on with design if that is what the project demands require for a short while
The salary is negotiable and the company has made it clear they can be flexible for an extremely good candidate. For more information on the location and salary banding please get in touch by calling me on (phone number removed) or sending my your CV in word format via email – (url removed).
No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of age or experience, and we confirm that we are happy to accept applications from persons of any age or experience for this role