We are currently seeking Senior Commercial Managers to provide Commercial leadership within DE&S and SDA. As a Senior Commercial Manager, you will work on a huge variety of vitally important programmes that will ensure that people entrusted with the defence of the nation have the tools and equipment to do their best job. You will be responsible for leading and motivating your team to deliver a complex commercial project, or a portfolio of projects, for equipment and/or service, supporting peace-keeping and humanitarian aid missions through to defending UK security; these can be in the pre-sourcing, sourcing, contract management, sales and disposal phases. You will work collaboratively with other functions in the Project Delivery teams to deliver business requirements. Other Commercial assignments can include those within DE&S/SDA Corporate Commercial for example supporting Function activities with Assurance and Training or Commercial Business Improvement.
Do you have the following:
* A range of experience in contract management or contract placement
* Experience of complex or high-risk projects or programmes or a portfolio of projects in single source and competitive markets
* Demonstrable experience of working with senior stakeholders and collaborating with others for successful outcomes
* Experience of leading contract negotiations and contract management with suppliers involving challenging and contentious subjects
* Experience of leading, developing and motivating others – members of your team and the wider business – for continuous improvement
* The vision and creative thinking to lead teams delivering a portfolio of major procurement projects or programmes Please also note that some of the positions available will be open to Sole UK Nationals only
Responsibilities of a Senior Commercial Manager in DE&S/SDA may include:
* Advising senior team on acquisition strategies for procurements in accordance with public procurement regulations and Government policy. Requirement to determine and enact strategies within own delegation limits.
* Managing major competitive or single source procurements, including the development of commercial models and approaches.
* Leading development and delivery of complex Invitations to Tender, negotiations and contracts requiring non-standard/bespoke conditions.
* Negotiating terms and pricing, placing and subsequently managing contracts and contract amendments up to a maximum delegation of £100M in accordance with the Ministry of Defence policy.
* Conducting assurance and due diligence of Commercial activity within own area of responsibility by adhering to Commercial policy. Participating in Peer Reviews across the business as required.
* Lead contractor performance management assessments to enable effective delivery of the requirement.
* Leading a team of commercial practitioners, overseeing and supervising delivery of team’s commercial outputs and responsibility for multiple teams providing coaching, mentoring and development.
* Communicating in a timely manner with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders including Senior Leadership, suppliers and Subject Matter Experts. This is an excellent opportunity to begin or continue your career in the Civil Service. The clear and structured career path within the Commercial function provides many opportunities to develop as we offer an array of training and development opportunities to help our employees develop their skills and experience. If successful you will undertake the following:
* Leadership development and defence commercial professionalism courses to develop commercial skills and ensure on-going Continuing Professional Development.
* Relevant Study for Chartered Institution of Procurement and Supply (CIPS) and achieve Level 6 qualification, if not already held. This will be funded and supported by DE&S / SDA.
* At the appropriate stage of your development you will attend an assessment and development centre.
Position are open across the following locations: * MOD Abbey Wood, Filton, Bristol, BS34 8JH * HMNB Devonport, Plymouth PL2 2BG
What you will be assessed against To be found successful you must demonstrate the following essential criteria:
* Experience of managing Sourcing and/or Contract Management activities on a large scale on more complex or high-risk projects and programmes as well as experience in leading and managing professional teams
The salary is upto £59,000 per annum depending on experience.
The closing date for applications is Sunsay 28th February
Matchtech Group Plc is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy