A client of mine in Stoke on Trent is looking to recruit a Senior Building Regulations Officer on a 4-month initial contract. The position as a Senior Building Regulations Officer will be to efficiently and effectively undertake the assessment of applications for Building Regulation consent within the Partnership Area together with associated building inspections with due regard to the Partnerships liability. You will undertake project management of major schemes for partner companies developing outside of the partnership area. You will also undertake Project management of major projects and Key Clients projects within the partnership area.
What you will do:
- Direct responsibility to assess Building Notice and Full Plans Applications and carry out relevant inspections of work on site to ensure compliance with the current Building Act and Building Regulations and other relevant allied Statutory Legislation with minimal supervision from Building Regulation Manager.
- Project Management of major development and complex schemes within the partnership area
- Project Management of all development schemes for partner companies outside of the partnership area.
- To complete accurate inspection reports, records, statistics, etc including making recommendations for enforcement proceedings where necessary.
- To undertake assessment/inspections of dangerous structures and initiate appropriate actions to remove the danger. Serve appropriate legal notices and liaise with emergency services etc as required. Responses to incidents to be carried out during the day and out of hours.
Your experience and qualifications will include:
- Demonstrate a sound knowledge of Building Regulations
- Corporate Membership of an appropriate professional body i.e. Association of Building Engineer, Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors and considerable post qualification experience
- Demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge of building construction and modern techniques
- Provide evidence of project management of major and complex developments
- Demonstrate good I.T. skills
- Demonstrate good verbal/written communication skills and experience in supervising and developing staff
To apply for this position please email an updated version of your CV to or press apply.
stride is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy…… click apply for full job details