As an infrastructure specialist, Murphy directly employs more than 4,000 engineers, professional managers and skilled operatives across the world. We operate in the United Kingdom, Ireland, Canada, USA, Australia and the Middle East. We have a number of specialist capabilities such as pipelines, process, marine, tunnelling and piling, and we invest heavily in our substantial holding of plant, equipment and facilities.
Manage the Quality function within the Operational Unit / Project / Contract, ensuring all are provided with Quality Leadership and support. Provide support and information to the Quality Function.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Be a champion for the “Quality – Right First Time” initiative.
• Establish and provide Leadership in best practice in quality matters in conjunction with the Quality function.
• Collaborate with engineering to support and educate the engineering community on site to achieve better quality.
• Mentor and develop staff to ensure that they understand the Quality management systems.
• Ensure management controls are in place so that all personnel are aware of their statutory duties and responsibilities, and to provide advice as and when required.
• Take a lead with site management teams to ensure compliance with all requirements stipulated in the Quality Plans.
• Support Work Winning to ensure quality submissions aid the tendering process.
• Manage and carry out regular inspections / audits of sites and work places to determine whether work is being carried out in accordance with Company Policy, Procedures and other stated requirements.
• Promote the accurate reporting of nonconformances and provide advice on closing out actions.
• Take a proactive approach to driving down the cost of rework on site.
• Manage, collate and review Quality statistics in a timely manner and submit to the Quality function for reporting purposes.
• Review Quality statistics to identify trends and areas for improvement.
• Develop and implement Quality campaigns and improvement plans in agreement with the Operations Director / Quality Management / Heads of Engineering.
• Manage and where required be involved in the preparation and review of Quality documents including those of 3rd parties.
• Manage and provide support to Project teams in the development of Plans.
• Manage and review production of Quality plans, procedures and associated documentation and check compliance.
• Identify significant Quality issues for Operation Units / contracts / yards and help set-up contracts / yards to include appropriate controls.
• Maintain records as necessary to ensure compliance with Company procedures and Contract Requirements.
• Ensure compilation and governance of KPI’s.
• Provide reports, presentations and information as directed by the Business / Quality function.
• Support the Business / Quality function in the delivery of the Group Audit Programme.
• Undertake internal and external audits as required.
• Provide input and review of pre-qualification, tender and Quality award submissions.
• Stop work when at any time Quality elements of the works are in question.
• Attend and participate in working groups / forums as required.
• Manage the dissemination of information issued by the Quality function to relevant employees
Skills, experience & qualifications
- 6 year experience in a Quality role
- Gas or Electricity experience required. Substations, Overhead lines, 7/70 Barr Transmission.
- Chartered Quality Membership at Senior level.
- Solid understanding of the requirements of the ISO 9001 standard
- MS package knowledge (e.g. Outlook, Excel, Word, Visio, MS Project)