Production Manager: An experienced, ‘hands on’, visible and resilient Production Manager is required to manage the Kettering site for VP Packaging, one of Europe’s leading manufacturers of reliable and innovative packaging solutions.
The successful Production Manager will act as the senior manager on site, taking responsibility for all production activities across a 3-shift system, although they will only be expected to be present during core office hours Monday to Friday. The successful candidate will line manage the Shift Leaders and Maintenance Technical Team coordinating activities across Production, Production Planning and Logistics.
You will be ultimately responsible for the smooth running of all production lines and the quality of output. Through effective leadership, the successful candidate will initiate, implement and manage change. A key part of this role will be to drive continuous improvement in order to increase production efficiency. As such, previous experience in a management role is essential as well as a good technical understanding. Experience gained from within the packaging or printing industries would be advantageous, although not essential.
Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 5 years of Production Management experience
- Strong analytical skills – be able to identify efficiencies quickly
- Very high attention to detail
- Strong knowledge of Lean Manufacturing
- An engaging leadership style that gets the highest level of performance from the team
- Has new ideas and is creative in problem-solving
- Comfortable in making decisions and taking ownership
- Proficient user of MS Office suite, particularly MS Excel
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Production Manager to join this leading, innovative ‘climate neutral’ packaging manufacturer, established since 1896. Competitive salary + other benefits. Apply now!