Production Machine Operators
Location: Alton, GU34 2QR, Hampshire
Salary: £9.28 ph, starting rate
Contract: Full time, Fixed term, 6 and 12 months contracts
Hours: 08:00 – 16:45 Mon – Fri (41.25 hrs pw)
Overtime rates: 25% weekdays and 50% weekends
Are you an experienced Machine Operator looking for a new full-time role?
PelGar are classed as an essential product manufacturer and are working at full capacity.
Due to continued growth, PelGar International Ltd is now recruiting for Production Machine Operators to work at their Alton Office.
Production Machine Operators – About the role:
To run production packaging machines (Cyclones, Pasta, Loynds, Gainsborough, Ishida and Auto-wax) to their full capacity, making a quality product that meets business expectation. To fault find, and make corrective changes to maximize production output along with TPM tasks on a regular basis.
- Reading and understanding the requirements of the works orders / sales order.
- Perform / document daily machine startup and safety checks
- Perform / document work order changes ensuring correct DOM, DOE and batch details are correct before committing to production
- Ensure all materials and documentation is available and understood before work commences
- Performing machine clean downs and line clearances to target time
- Ensure the correct PPE is worn at all times
- Perform housekeeping duties to ensure unit is kept clean and tidy
- Complete daily, weekly and monthly KPI data and justify reasons target not achieved
- Complying with health and safety advice and procedures
- Any other reasonable request from your line manager or senior member of staff.
Level 2 skills.
- To fully operate (all aspects) x2 different types of machine
- Completing work order documentation and scan to folder to ensure product tractability is maintained
- Contribute and participate to the units 5S program
- Deliver customer orders on time, to correct quality and packing standard
- Quality checks on product to ensure compliance
- Team lead machine team to ensure machine operates at correct output.
Level 3 skills.
- To fully operate (all aspects) x4 different types of machine
- Perform random PI checks on raw materials
- Actively contribute towards continuous improvement projects through ideas and implementation
- Perform QC checks on team members to ensure consignment is correct.
Level 4 skills.
- To fully operate (all aspects) x6 different types of machine
- Lead project team to complete a continuous improvement project
- Take team responsibility for a
- Perform system transactions – work order closure, material transfers, placing material to stock
- Investigate PI count inaccuracies and determine route cause & corrective actions.
- Facilitate morning toolbox talks and actively engage in performance understanding
- Budget awareness and understanding.
Production Machine Operators – Candidate requirements:
- Working well under pressure.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Relevant technical knowledge, MRP, inventory control, stock enquiries
- Run and maintain machine equipment (fault find and corrective action, TPM,
- Aware of health and safety requirements
- Reasonable analytical understanding
- Continuous improvement knowledge and implementation
- Take responsibility for team, product output, quality, volume, and documentation.
- Competitive Salary + Overtime – with a clear progression scale
- allowances for fork lift skills, first aider and fire warden duties
- Holiday: 20 days plus 8 bank holidays – rising to 25 after 2 years.
About the Company:
PelGar International is the leading British manufacturer of highly effective rodenticide and insecticide products for the control of public health and farming pests around the world. With an active and dynamic research and development programme, which draws on a wide range of market intelligence and technical feed-back, we aim to provide innovative and novel solutions to any global pest problem.
PelGar operates from its headquarters in Hampshire, England and through local offices in mainland Europe, Africa, Australia and North America. Our analytical and formulation laboratory ensures the highest product quality from two UK manufacturing sites, while our research centre provides the technical team with valuable insights into the behaviour and biology of the rodents and insects being targeted.
If you have the necessary skills and experience to perform well in this role, click APPLY and forward your current CV, including a covering letter, clearly stating why you believe you can offer what we’re looking for.
No Agencies please!….. click apply for full job details