Specialist London Market insurer is looking for a Portfolio Analyst to provide effective reporting and analysis to the management and underwriting teams.
You will have the opportunity to actively engage with all their underwriting teams, working with them on the technical aspects of individual underwriting projects and portfolio optimisation.
The underwriting management team is a modest sized team so you will be able to have an immediate and very visible impact on the business.
Key responsibilities & Accountabilities
• You will analyse underwriting performance analysis across multiple business lines;
• Be responsible for producing effective and accurate MI to agreed deadlines;
• You will produce high quality reports to monitor KPIs and key metrics;
• Respond to requests for and production of ad hoc reports;
• Maintain and update stochastic analyses on our portfolio of insurance products.
Skills & Ability
• Strong verbal, written communication and presentation skills;
• Very high attention to detail and accuracy of work;
• Very strong analytical and numeracy skills;
• Excellent organisational skills;
• Ability to operate under pressure and identify and meet tight deadlines;
• Strong IT literacy with solid SQL and MS Office skills, particularly in Excel (including VBA).
• SQL or other database/programming experience strongly desirable.
Knowledge & Experience
• At least 2 years’ experience within analytical role producing quality MI & reporting;
• Previous insurance industry experience strongly desirable;
• Strong pricing, data modelling and analysis experience;
• Actuarial experience would be desirable.
Education & qualifications
• Maths, Science or Engineering degree
• A strong grade in Maths A-Level is essential.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is looking for a highly analytical role where you will also get exposure and interaction with the business.
Positive, dynamic and excellent working environment. This company has been rated one of the top 30 in London to work for.
Due to the volume of applications Next Employment receive, if you haven’t received a response within 48 hours please consider your application as being unsuccessful.