Our client, a leader and Innovator are urgently seeking a Packaging Technologist to join their new product development team. You will play a vital part of the company’s strategy and will assist in the development of products and manufacturing processes as well as supporting the customers and sales team with technical advice on packaging issues and development.
* Carry out product review for new and amended products
* Investigate internal quality issues
* Provide technical support during process development trials
* Support sales with analysis of materials and preparation of samples
* Carry out testing of products and raw materials.
* Support the NPD process with analysis of competitor packaging.
* Prepare customer compliance documentation
* Assist in administration of supplier complaints
* Manage Development Laboratory and Kitchen
* Maintain spare trial reels
* Support and deputise for Technical Service Representative
* Ability to analyse and solve problems in a logical manner.
* Provide practical and timely solutions to technical issues.
* Manage projects to agreed dates and targets
* Advise and influence managers and customers on technical issues
* Demonstrate passion, tenacity and drive to ensure substantial technical progress is achieved
* Build strong and supportive relationships with staff, suppliers and customers
Experience and Education
* Degree in a science or technology discipline; or if in another field, be able to demonstrate an understanding and aptitude for science
* Knowledge of flexible packaging materials and processes.
* Good IT skills and particular knowledge/experience of MS Excel
* Good communication skills, both written and verbal
* The ability to learn, understand and communicate technical requirements and benefits
* Self-motivated, determined, confident, resourceful and driven by results.
* Team player with outgoing and friendly personality
* Valid UK driving licence; with a willingness to travel in the UK and possibly overseas.
For more information, click apply now