DCC is a leading international sales, marketing and support services group with a clear focus on performance and growth. We operate through four divisions: LPG, Retail & Oil, Healthcare and Technology.
We are an ambitious and entrepreneurial business operating in 20 countries, supplying products and services used by millions of people every day throughout Europe. Building strong routes to market, driving for results, focusing on cash conversion and generating superior sustainable returns on capital employed enable us to reinvest in our business, creating value for our stakeholders.
DCC plc is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a constituent of the FTSE 100. In its financial year ended 31 March 2020, DCC generated revenue of $20 billion and operating profit of $680 million.
DCC Technology, which trades as Exertis, is a leading route-to market and supply chain partner for global technology brands. Exertis provides a broad range of consumer, business and enterprise technology products and services to retail and reseller customers.
Principal operating locations: Britain, Ireland, North America, France, Germany, the Netherlands, Belgium, UAE, Spain, Norway, Sweden, Denmark. Global supply chain capability is further enhanced with offices in Poland, China and the USA.
Exertis are looking for a creative and enthusiastic Marketing Assistant to join our Channel Marketing team. This is a crucial role within our Channel Marketing department, and a great opportunity for someone wanting to take their first step into marketing.
This position works closely with the Channel Marketing Manager to deliver a wide range of campaigns which will incorporate the full marketing mix across online and offline channels. The Marketing Assistant will also be collaborating with some of the biggest technology brands in the world and play a pivotal role in the execution of world-class marketing camapigns.
To be successful in this role you will need to have excellent organisational skills, a hunger for career growth with a willingness to learn, and a true passion for marketing.
Role and Responsibilities
- Play a pivotal role in delivering marketing plans for multiple technology brands on a quarterly basis
- Be responsible for the execution of end-to-end campaigns, and work with the Channel Marketing Manager to analyse & report back on the results
- Work closely with our in-house design studio on creating eye-catching assets for all campaigns
- To learn and master campaign proposals as part of ongoing professional development
- Play an important role in marketing Exertis as a leading technology distribution partner
- Liaise with external media and advertising agencies where appropriate
- Work with the wider Channel Marketing team to achieve quarterly KPIs
- Support the Corporate & PR marketing function through unique content creation for our social media channels
What we’re looking for
- Business or marketing-related degree or equivalent professional qualification
- Previous marketing experience is preferable but not essential
- Ability to adapt to rapidly changing priorities, and sustain a high level of energy & concentration in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment
- Confident and comfortable with engaging with internal and external stakeholders
- Creativity with the ability to bring a campaign to life with eye-catching assets and unique messaging
- Capacity/courage to challenge the status quo and be solutions orientated
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organisation and planning skills
- A desire to build a career in marketing and is passionate about professional development
What’s in it for you
It’s important to us that our people love what they do and in turn we put together a benefits package that rewards a job well done. We’ll give you:
- 23 days holiday from start increasing up to a maximum of 27 days with length of service
- Access to a Cash plan provided by Healthshield
- Income protection scheme (including access to a wellness early intervention scheme)
- Access to cycle to work scheme
- Employee assistance programme
- Death in service
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Loyalty award at key service milestones
- Enhanced, Maternity, Shared Parental, Paternity and Adoption pay
We value diversity and inclusion and champion a culture where everyone feels valued, included and celebrated. We’re open to conversations about flexible working. If it’s right for our customers, our business and for you then we’ll do what we can to support it.
At Exertis we recognise that ways of working have changed, which is why we have adopted a flexible way of working in our offices. Most teams are now offering a mix of remote and office working on a 50/50 basis (usually a mix of 2/3 days in the office each week). For some roles and teams, this may be slightly more or less depending on business needs and individual circumstances. Your Manager will work with you to agree on local work patterns. If it’s right for our customers, our business and for you then we’ll do what we can to support it.