Our customers and colleagues are at the very heart of what we do. To achieve this, we employ exceptional people who are engaged and rewarded for the value they bring to the organisation and who can demonstrate our leading behaviours – Be bold in what you do, be flexible and agile, and make a positive difference.
We are currently looking to recruit a newly created role of in-house Legal Counsel, to support the SIG UK businesses in a wide variety of legal topics and provide general legal support in all corporate and commercial matters. The role has the opportunity to establish the in-house legal function, as well as support the business and the SIG Group General Counsel in identifying and managing legal risk for the UK business.
We offer a great opportunity to build your career in a market leading business, along with a competitive salary and excellent benefits that include a car/allowance, generous bonus scheme, PMI, 25 days holiday + 8 bank holidays, a great pension, life insurance and a share save scheme.
What does the role involve?
Reporting to the UK Finance Director, you will act as a pragmatic Business Partner, able to engage with the business on a wide variety of legal topics, including general legal support in corporate and commercial matters, including negotiation and drafting of our contractual arrangements with suppliers and customers, data protection advice (in conjunction with the UK’s Data Protection Manager), commercial dispute resolution advice and advice in relation to IP protection and disputes. In addition, the UK business will be looking at a number of acquisitions and will therefore be the opportunity to get involved in these deals, in particular in the post-completion integration of acquired businesses.
The successful candidate will be:
• Qualified Solicitor or Barrister, registered to practice in the UK, ideally with in-house commercial experience would be preferable
• Confident in dealing with the broad range of issues on which in-house lawyers advise, without external firms.
• Excellent drafting skills and experience, and a willingness to apply those to new situations and areas of law.
• Excellent written and spoken communication skills, ability to identify solutions and give correct, clear and pragmatic advice.
• Capable of working under pressure, in a fast paced and changing environment.
• Collaborative, relationship-builder, and pro-active in style.
SIG Plc. is a leading supplier of specialist building materials to trade customers across Europe with strong positions in its core markets as a specialist distributor of insulation and interiors products and as a merchant of roofing and exteriors products