Job title: Lead Deals Intelligence Analyst
Reports to: Head of Thematic Research
Location: London, UK
Summary of role
The Deals Intelligence Analyst will set the agenda for a major new initiative at the world’s fastest-growing market research and analysis firm.
GlobalData has made a significant investment in building a proprietary deals database, which tracks global deal-making activity at a granular level.
As part of our growth strategy, we are now hiring for a newly created position, the Deals Intelligence Analyst. The successful candidate will be responsible for research and analysis across the whole of GlobalData on all types of deals – including M&A, capital raising and strategic partnerships.
Deals intelligence will focus on providing our clients with in-depth analysis of past deals and predictive analysis to determine future deals. The audience for deals intelligence will include GlobalData’s 4,500 clients across blue-chip corporations, consultancies, asset management, private equity, investment banking and other professional services firms.
The role will initially involve establishing deals intelligence within GlobalData, with a team containing several analysts to be built over time.
The Deals Intelligence Analsyt will need to create market-leading deals intelligence on areas including M&A and capital markets activity as well as other investment banking-related content.
* Set up a new Deals Intelligence team responsible for deals research and analysis across all GlobalData’s industry verticals.
* Formulate the strategy for GlobalData’s deals intelligence products.
* Recruit, hire and manage a team of deals intelligence analysts from scratch.
* Establish deals research best practices, methodologies and frameworks.
* Be the face of GlobalData’s deals intelligence team to the outside world.
* Conduct press interviews promoting GlobalData deals intelligence.
* Brief GlobalData clients.
* Manage all research and analysis on deals – including M&As, capital raising and strategic partnerships.
* Collaborate with Product Heads across all business units within GlobalData
* Create timely market commentary on high impact deals.
* 7+ years’ experience within capital markets, professional services or media markets.
* Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal.
* Experience of managing a team.
* Extensive understanding of M&A and IPO markets.
* Highly motivated self-starter.
* Desire to extend financial markets knowledge.
* Ability to think laterally – not just to analyse past deals, but to predict the next big deals.
* Advanced MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Word and analytical skills.
About GlobalData Plc
GlobalData is a leading market research and analysis firm serving an extensive list of blue-chip clients in the Consumer, Retail, Healthcare, Financial services and Technology industries on a global basis. We provide comprehensive, timely and accurate research reports and datasets to support cutting edge industry analysis and strategic planning. With 4,500 clients, 25 offices across Asia Pacific, EMEA, Latin and North America and over 2,000 employees strategically located around the world, our mission is to build and maintain and unique desktop information services to help our clients decode the future to be more successful and innovative. GlobalData is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is valued today at £1.6bn