Direct Response Employment Services are delighted to be working with our well known established client in Frome who are seeking a Junior Technical Officer to join their business.
Our client who are a family run business and a leader in their field are looking for a candidate who ideally has experience working within a similar field and has some knowledge of basic food safety and experience working within a food factory.
You will have strong administrative skills, excellent knowledge of Microsoft products such as excel and word and be confident in liaising with senior members of the business, your main duties will be the following.
* Investigation of customer complaints and implement corrective and preventative actions.
* Investigation of factory non conformance.
* Training staff on systems and procedures in place.
* Attending trials to create product standards in conjunction with NPD and the production department.
* Ensure all company standards are implemented across the factory.
* Working with and validating all procedures and processes with production.
* Management of raw material and packaging intake including supplier non conformance.
* Managing technical KPI and action plan and managing day to day tasks of departments, publishing results and communicating with other departments.
* Carrying out internal and GMP audits.
* Managing pest control across the site.
* Reviewing internal work instructions and practices against customer practices and BRC requirements and implement training when changes are required.
* Raising of NRCs and QDA and investigating and resolving where necessary.
The successful candidate:
* Experience of working within a food factory previously,
* Degree educated or equivalent in food technology or similar.
* Knowledge of BRC requirements would be desirable but not essential.
* Excellent communication skills verbally and in writing.
* Able to prioritise and manage own workload along with meeting deadlines.
* Analytical minded.
On offer is an excellent starting salary,25 days holiday plus bank holidays, Free parking and other company benefits such as free eye tests and discounted glasses plus more.
If you are a graduate within the food industry or have previous experience within a similar role then we would love to hear from you to discuss further