Your new company
A thriving award-winning theatre based production company welcoming over 80,000 visitors a year. Alongside their own company productions, the venue presents a high-quality artistic programme of theatre, music, and dance as well as a varied cinema programme, gallery and exciting youth, education and engagement opportunities.
Your new role
- To act, as directed by line management, as Duty Manager for shows, films and other events in line with Torch policies.
- To be an effective and efficient manager of the volunteer ushers ensuring compliance with all applicable Theatre policies and procedures.
- In the absence of the Senior Manager – Front of House & Operations (SMFOH&O) to appropriately supervise the Duty Manager, Box Office, cleaners, Café, and Bar staff ensuring compliance with all applicable Theatre policies and procedures.
- Support the SMFOH&O with the completion of the staff, Duty Manager, Box Office and Usher rotas.
- Under the guidance of the Theatre’s Health & Safety Officer and SMFOH&O to maintain effective procedures and training for volunteer ushers, Box Office, cleaners, Café and Bar staff with regard to all Health & Safety requirements in particular to carry out timely and safe evacuations of the building.
- To comply with the appropriate requirements of the Theatre Staff Performance Appraisal System.
- In their absence, to deputise for the SMFOH&O.
- To maintain a friendly and safe environment for all theatre visitors.
- To fully support the SMFOH&O with the implementation of the Theatre’s access programmes and all other policies specific to FOH activities.
- To support, as required, the SMFOH&O with annual reviews of FOH procedures and requirements, including risk assessments and evacuation procedures to raise standards and to ensure that legal requirements are maintained.
- To fully support the SMFOH&O and the Senior Management Team (SMT) in their role as Theatre Licence Holder and Designated Premises Supervisor ensuring that the Theatre meets its legal obligations under the terms of the premises licence issued by the local authority.
- Takes responsibility for ensuring the highest standards of customer care in all aspects of the service to the public through effective procedures and open communication.
- To deal appropriately with all comments and points raised by the public in Box Office and FOH areas, to follow up these points with either immediate action or in consultation with senior management.
- Ensure the provision of support to personnel and customers during Audio description, sign interpreting and other special facilities/services.
- To be fully trained and as required, to use Ticketsolve and Artifax software systems.
- Working with all other teams and Departments, to be enthusiastic and proactively contribute to the Theatre.
- Liaise with all staff providing FOH services including, Marketing, Business, Programming and Technical teams to create a seamless service for a positive and enjoyable visitor experience.
- Ensure that FOH areas (including the Kiosk) are kept clean, tidy and presentable and that backstage facilities (e.g. dressing rooms and Green Room) are suitably prepared for visiting artists and to assist in setting up all conference and catering events.
- Lead and organise volunteer ushers, cleaners, Café and Bar staff to maintain excellent customer care standards through advanced planning, regular training and effective recruitment – especially of new volunteer ushers.
- Participate in regular briefing and planning meetings with the SMFOH&O.
- Support the SMFOH&O working in partnership with the Technical team, with day-to-day responsibility for the security of the premises and for fire/intruder alarm systems and other mechanical equipment including service and maintenance contracts.
- Be proactive in a way that relates to the Theatre’s role as a major creative organisation in Wales.
What you need to do now
If you’re interested in this role, click ‘apply now’ to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn’t quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.