Environmental Health Officer
*£28-£30 per hour*
A local authority in East London is looking for an experienced candidate to assist in the development, implementation and lead our strategy for protecting private renters across the borough while helping to tackle some the social, economic and environmental factors.
You will need to provide an excellent service to landlords, owners, occupiers and tenants in all tenures, using a range of intervention strategies, including enforcement, education and advice.
- The post holder will be part of a team of high performing officers and are expected to ensure they work efficiently, continually monitor and meet their targets. They should work effectively with minimal supervision and provide a quality service and to effect change where required.
- The post holder will be a flexible worker, which means they will be expected to work in various locations; remotely in the field, inspecting private properties that are in poor and unpleasant conditions.
- The post holder would be expected to work with multi-agency partners both internally and externally from a variety of locations. Assist senior officers in the creation and maintenance of close working practices including participation in multi-agency and special casework meetings.
- The post holder is expected to be a decision maker and work on his or her own initiative with minimal supervision. They must take responsibility for their actions and their outputs. They must also advise and assist lower skilled members of staff in the office, during site inspections and in the Courts/Tribunals.
- They are expected to liaise often with legal professionals, and similar stakeholders, to make decisions and lead on their cases using their discretion in pressured environments e.g. Courts and Tribunals.
- Excellent knowledge of private sector housing and property licencing within the local government framework. Including the Enforcement and regulatory functions within the Housing Act, Public Health, other landlord and tenant law.
- Public Sector Experience is essential
Please apply with your CV and Taylor Lynch from the London office will be in touch.
For a confidential chat regarding your application please contact the Public Sector Team on
Still searching? Not all of our vacancies are on our website yet. We’re happy to provide a tailored careers guidance service, so for the best chance of finding your ideal opportunity, get in touch with one of our specialist consultants and we will be able to support you with your job search.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.