Explore how you can grow
The future of food sustainability is complex. That’s why over 20,000 customers across five continents rely on our cutting-edge networks, workflow tools and analytics platform to drive change. The key to our success is our ability to empower people to revolutionize the agri-food and animal health supply chains. So if you bring curiosity, ambition and inventiveness, we’ll help you think big, aim high, and explore more.
Customer Support Advisor based at our office in Herefordshire
Farmplan is the UK’s leading provider of farm management software, including support, training and hardware services.
Our Software Services Team provide first class support and training services to our large and varied customer base. You will be dealing directly with our customers, all of whom are users of our market-leading specialist financial and agricultural management software. Our software is used by farmers, estate managers, accountants and rural business owners to help meet compliance, business management and enterprise performance, across livestock, cropping and diversified farming activities.
Farmplan’s head office is in Ross-on-Wye, Herefordshire, however we also have support and training teams based at our office in Norfolk. Working at Farmplan is dynamic, exciting, and not without its share of challenges.
You will need to be able to combine excellent customer service, with great organisational skills and be an enthusiastic team player, you will be expected to work hard, push the boundaries and take responsibility to delight our customers. You will have plenty of opportunities to learn things that are not listed in this job description, but we’ve done our best to describe below what is involved in this role.
- Working alongside colleagues sharing experience and knowledge to provide our customers with a high level of support via phone, email and online.
- Gaining detailed knowledge of our brand, customers and products along with keeping up to date with industry changes
- Collaborating across the business to deliver effective support and training services for our customers.
- Communicating effectively with colleagues and customers across the business
Key attributes required:
- Be passionate about delivering excellent customer service
- Exhibit self-motivation, efficiency and team working
- Have strong oral and written communication skills
- Have a good numeracy and IT skills
- Have fine attention to detail and good time management skills
- Enjoy working within a busy department, actively contributing to ideas and initiatives to grow and meet their goals
- Be inquisitive and proactive – showing an appetite to problem solve, demonstrate ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Show aptitude for learning and developing new skills
- An understanding of bookkeeping, accounting principles and payroll would be an advantage as would an interest and general knowledge of agriculture but neither essential as full training will be given
- Be comfortable working across teams in different locations
- Be prepared to travel within the UK to visit our other offices, attend events and carry out customer training as required
- Demonstrate commercial awareness, with excellent listening skills when engaging with our customers to fully understand their needs and wants
The career prospects will be bright for the right person
Farmplan is part of the LexisNexis Risk Solutions Group portfolio of brands. LNRS are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact or if you are based in the US you may also contact us on 1..