Covid 19 Engagement Officer
Temp contract may become permanent
Based in Newbury
FTE £22,268 – £26,015 Hourly pay rate equivalent for 37 hours per week.
To work as part of the West Berkshire team to support the Chief Officer, the Board and Champions Board in their role to deliver the aims and objectives of West Berkshire CoVid19 Targeted Testing Project.
Support the Chief Officer in the coordination of their programmes and projects in delivery of the TCT project.
Manage, co-ordinate and undertake engagement activities across West Berkshire’s vulnerable communities to ensure the TCT LFT project delivers testing knowledge and resource to the seldom heard with highest health inequalities
Ensure all reporting and scheduling is sent to the commissioners in Public Health in a timely and accurate way. This includes MECC ( Make Every Contact Count) conversations about testing, vaccination and wider health/social care issues
Promote the TCT activities with key stakeholders and capture feedback from the activity. Help manage risks associated with the TCT project. Promote the profile of the organisation throughout West Berkshire through various channels; raise the public awareness to enable the service users and the members of the community to influence developments of local health and social care services.
Conduct research and provide input into the planning process for new projects; help write project plans, identify dependencies, risks and realistic delivery dates dependant on resources available and other projects.
Work closely with other team members and contribute to the development of procedures, protocols and policies for the organisation’s involvement in the TCT project
Liaise with a range of key partners across the statutory and voluntary sector to ensure the TCT project is successful & has influence in discussions regarding health and social care provision. Participation and Engagement
Project manage the organisation’s projects, managing/assisting the volunteers involved and ensuring that the planning and delivery of the projects are on target to meet pre-determined outcomes and impacts.
Plan and promote opportunities to enable participation and engagement via access to training, dissemination of information, briefings and by maintaining responsive mechanisms for members of the community for consultation and feedback.7
Plan and implement the community engagement or partnership with other agencies and voluntary sector groups to identify minority and seldom heard and seldom involved people and groups, and to publicise and encourage participation in the work of the organisation by these communities
Plan and organise the outreach activities to gather the views and comments about the local health and social care services from the general public, and identify opportunities and new methods to reach new audiences.
Identify and implement alternative methods of communication in order to reach those members of the community who may be unable to attend regular meetings but who still want to participate in other ways.
Work with the Chief Officer to allow volunteer recruitment and possible partner engagement in projects in a timely manner. Contribute to the design and delivery of the volunteer training programme.
Co-ordinate and facilitate meetings, working groups and other forums. Produce written reports as required, including quantitative and qualitative reports; and monitoring data and reports.
Attend partnership meetings on behalf of West Berkshire; deliver presentations and reports to a variety of audiences.
Provide advice and information about access to the TCT project , reaching vulnerable communities and support for making informed choices; ensure that all sections of the local community have access to good impartial advice and advocacy relating to health and social care services available to them.
Research, prepare and communicate information materials, articles and reports via newsletters, e-bulletins and briefings to keep members fully updated on developments and to support any ongoing work.
Work with other team members to ensure the content of the website is up to date, and maintain the presence of social media.
To attend and participate in regular supervision, in line with The Advoccay People ‘s supervision policy. Participate in annual performance appraisals, training and internal meetings.
Become familiar with, and work within, the policies, procedures and protocols of The Advocacy People.
Ensure that all duties and services provided are in accordance with The Advocacy People’s Equality and Diversity Policy.
Comply with individual responsibilities in relation to health and safety in the workplace in accordance with The Advocacy People’s Health & Safety Policy & Procedure.
Undertake such other duties and tasks commensurate to the grade and character of work. Therefore, the above list of main tasks in this job description should not be regarded as exclusive or exhaustive.
1. Educated to degree level or equivalent, or relevant professional experience in a similar role / area of work
Key Skills & Abilities
1. Fully vaccinated for CoVid 19, comfortable with regular self testing
2. Excellent IT skills including MS Office, use of databases, social media and website administration (via Content Management System)
3. Ability to represent the organisation and volunteers on a local, sub regional or regional basis.
4. A high level of organisational, planning and prioritisation skills including an ability to work to deadlines, use initiative and keep abreast of new policy developments in the health and social care field
Confident, outgoing communicator with good people skills
2. Empathetic Listener
3. Persuasive individual, happy to cope with dynamic situations, targets and the unexpected
4. Appropriate language skills for vulnerable communities
1. Knowledge of the West Berkshire TCT CoVid 19 Project and its day to day local priorities
2. Knowledge of the local commissioning( West Berkshire UKHSA and Health and Well-being stakeholders.
3. Knowledge of participation and engagement procedures to support giving the community a chance to have their ‘voice’ heard.
4. Knowledge of and ability to research into communication strands and reporting methods to ensure timely management of feedback gathered to THE ADVOCACY PEOPLE and commissioners on all relevant topics and issues identified within the TCT project .
Knowledge of central and local government policy towards CoVid19 testing, vaccination, infection control and health and social care services, including patient and public involvement initiatives
Knowledge and experience of using Word Press (Content Management System)
1. Experience of working in or with the health and social care voluntary sector
2. Experience of community development and outreach work
3. Experience of working with, supporting and training volunteers
4. Experience of working in partnership with statutory agencies
5. Experience of planning, organising, publicising and facilitating meetings, conferences and workshops
6. Experience of research and collating information
7. Experience of producing marketing, newsletters, e-bulletins and briefing papers
Experience of working with CoVid 19 projects
Familiar producing Risk Assessments
Personal Attributes & Behavioural Approach
1. Ability to work on own initiative and to deadlines.
2. Strong commitment to equal opportunities and non-discriminatory practice.
3. Ability to work under pressure and react to unpredictable situations.
4. Ability to work as part of a team, and develop and maintain close working relationship with colleagues and partners.
5. Travel is required in connection with this post
6. Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends
1. The Post Holder agrees to undertake all relevant and required training identified for the post or as needed for THE ADVOCACY PEOPLE business contractual obligations.
2. An enhanced DBS check will be required