Bristol, Gloucestershire, Somerset and Wiltshire (BGSW) Probation Services is a division of Kent, Surrey and Sussex Community Rehabilitation Company (KSS CRC). We provide a broad range of probation services for those on community orders or licenses. We focus on quality of practice to reduce re-offending, improve the safety of the communities we serve and improve the life-chances of our service users.
Kent, Surrey and Sussex Community Rehabilitation Company (KSS CRC) is a high performing organisation delivering a range of rehabilitation and offender management. We are committed to engaging and collaborating with our service users and our local communities.
KSS CRC, part of the Seetec Group, has probation divisions in Wales; Dorset, Devon and Cornwall; Kent, Surrey and Sussex; Bristol, Gloucestershire, Somerset and Wiltshire.
Our approach to Community Payback (CP) is to make it engaging for service users so it improves their work ethic and makes them more receptive to learning new skills that will increase their chances of getting work. People sentenced to unpaid work are half as likely to reoffend as those sentenced to a short prison sentence.
This role involves supervising a team of service users out on site in the community to enable them to complete their unpaid work hours on behalf of KSS CRC. Full training will be provided.
* Supervise service users on work placements and provide opportunities for offenders to develop practical, social and problem-solving skills.
* To transport, where required, and supervise service users reporting for, and undertaking, Community Payback work on group placements.
* To ensure on-site practice is consistent with the Community Payback Operating Model and KSS CRC procedures and to feedback practice issues to team colleagues as required.
* To assist in the placement of service users on group and individual placements.
* To act as a pro-social role model, to promote and re-enforce pro-social attitudes and behaviour in service users and others.
* To identify and take the necessary actions to protect children and vulnerable adults and promote their welfare in accordance with KSS CRC safeguarding policies and procedures.
* To complete relevant records as required to assess and record progress of offenders.
* To conduct onsite training and worksite inductions with service users
* To ensure that service users subject to Unpaid Work complete their order/requirement satisfactorily and assist in the enforcement of orders and to be accountable to management for performance outcomes (such as compliance, attendance, stand downs) on work groups under your supervision.
Skills & Experience
* A Level or NVQ Level 3 (or equivalent) or able to demonstrate the ability and commitment to work to this level and undertake an appropriate relevant qualification.
* Holder of a current, full, clean manual driving licence and the willingness and ability to successfully undertake a minibus driving course.
* Ability to carry out tasks to a high standard in at least one of:
* Good organisational skills and the ability to use own initiative.
* Effective communication skills, both orally and in writing.
* Ability to accurately record information compose basic reports and to present all work in appropriate format.
* Be able to deal with information on a confidential basis.
* Ability to instruct others, motivate and organise a group.
* Ability to persuade others.
* Ability to establish clear boundaries and exercise fair, consistent judgment.
* Ability to challenge discriminatory behaviour and to promote an equal opportunity approach.
* Confidence and demonstrable success in supervising people and working with others.
* Ability to present a professional image.
* High level of self-motivation with the ability to work on own initiative, within guidelines and role boundaries.
* Ability and willingness to work within guidelines and to be accountable.
* Pro-social attitude and ability to empathise.
* Ability to assertively respond to disruptive and aggressive behaviour.
Hours: Part time, 30 hours per week (will include 1 weekend day)
Benefits: 27 days annual leave + bank holidays, Pension, Competitive Salary, Optional Health Insurance, Employee Assistance Programme including access to 24 hour counselling service and Cycle to Work Scheme
KSS CRC is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share and uphold this commitment in conjunction with the requirements of the Prevent Duty and the positive promotion of modern British values.
Dependant on the role applying to you may be required to process a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS/DS) check. Seetec support the recruitment of ex- offenders and will not discriminate in anyway. Our full policy statement of “Ex-Offenders” can be found on our website under” About us”
KSS CRC is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity