Worldwide Education is currently recruiting for a Catering Assistant to work on a Long term basis within the Elmbridge area.
The main purpose of the role:
* To assist with the provision of lunchtime meals.
* To provide support to the Cook and Assistant Cook, including serving meals at the Centres.
* To ensure that the kitchen and catering equipment is cleaned after use. Specific duties and responsibilities
* To provide light meals between 12 noon and 1 pm, including serving meals when required.
* To be responsible for cleaning all catering equipment, including oven and microwaves that are used for the preparation of meals.
* To be responsible for cleaning and monitoring the temperature of the refrigerators and freezers in the Centre.
* To clean work surfaces, sinks, and floors.
* To ensure that all areas relating to the kitchen are kept to a high standard of cleanliness, including the staff toilet.
* To sweep and keep tidy the refuse area.
* To ensure that the standards of safety and hygiene are always met, adhering to food safety regulations.
* To ensure that all equipment is switched off and the kitchen is locked after use.
* To be asked to assist with an annual volunteer evening if the postholder is available.
* To be asked if you would like to provide cover for the Assistant Cook during annual leave and sickness