Business Development Manager North West
Job ref: JH /51733
Salary: Commensurate With Experience
A privately owned recycling business
The Business Development Manager, will be dedicated to developing diverse supply markets of scrap plastics and closing profitable deals from the Waste & Facilities Management industries.
Success is achieved through a disciplined and consistent approach to servicing suppliers in the region assigned. Regularly visiting clients to build relationships at all levels, inspect quality, take samples, check stock levels and negotiate deals. Working to weekly and monthly targets, the Business Development Managers will balance the need to make deals with a detail minded approach that effectively manages risk.
· Skilled in research
· Excellent time management and negotiating
· Ability to understand the difference between executing a relationship sale and a product sale and be proficient at both
· Focused mind set to achieve targets
· Able to work under pressure in a fast paced sales environment
· Strong Communicator
· Secure a regular supply of plastic scrap material according to Customer & Factory requirements
· Identify all suppliers within their given territory or vertical market
· Systematically work through all prospects to establish relationships that result in profitable, long term business
· Employ a range of business development strategies in person and via phone e.g. prospecting, cold calling, networking, attending conferences and trade fairs etc.
· Pre-qualify visits using market information provided by the company, including pre-framing suppliers’ expectations.
· Perform site visits to identify supply suitability & inspect quality
· Negotiate prices and terms of service to maximize margins
· Keep detailed logs in CRM of all activities
· Maintain accurate records of supplier information in CRM, including available materials
· Provide feedback & market reports to management and the Business Development team
· Maintain and enhance existing supplier volumes and margins
· Engage in constant and active risk management, to ensure material supplied is per company quality requirements Able to challenge suppliers’ views and counter objections to move towards closing a deal
· Develop a thorough understanding of the nature of the business e.g. by working on the factory floor from time to time (must be willing to get hands dirty) and in back office
· Research and develop a thorough understanding of your suppliers’ business e.g. their customers, supply chain, production process and finished products
For EU roles, candidates must be eligible to work and live in the European Union.
Proof of eligibility will be required with your application.
Office Locations: Stratford-upon-Avon, Amsterdam, Barcelona, Düsseldorf, Göteborg,
Lyon, Milan, Shanghai, and Washington.
PLASTICS – PETROCHEMICALS – PACKAGING – CHEMICALS – ENERGY – RECYCLING
Listgrove Limited Registered in England No: (phone number removed)