Building Safety Manager
Building Safety Manager (ideally from a surveying OR trade background) will support the accountable person by carrying out the day to day functions of ensuring that the building is safety managed and will promote the openness, trust and
collaboration with residents.
This is a challenging role, involving the preparation of the organisation
for the new and upcoming changes within the building safety sector.
The post holder will posses a combination of academic and practical
competence to be able to hold fire safety requirements and liaise with
internal and external stakeholders, including fire safety bodies, Health
and Safety Executive and London Fire Brigade.
BSM will be working closely with a team of technical specialist and
other Building Safety Managers to help deliver the services to residents
and clients on behalf the Council and to implement the overall requirements following Dame Judith Hackitt’s review and the building safety legislative framework.
BSM will have a strong leadership and change management skills,
come from a building compliance/safety background and will have a
good understanding of Fire Safety,
1. of the below as a minimum:
• NEBOSH level 5 qualification
• Recognised Fire safety
• Recognised Buildings safety
Membership of the professional body
(IFE, FPA, IFSM, etc.)
Duties and responsibilities
1. Lead on delivery of the requirements of a safety future including
safety cases, resident engagement and providing assurances at
2. Effectively and proactively lead, manage and motivate the
team to ensure there is a culture of high performance, strong
engagement and a commitment to continual improvement.
3. Manage the buildings within the portfolio in a manner that
ensures a coordinated building safety approach.
4. Oversee and be involved in all stages of construction projects for
the high-risk residential buildings.
5. Monitor the delivery of all statutory compliance checks for the
buildings in scope, ensuring these are carried out and relevant
KPIs are produced.
6. Establish and implement effective working arrangements and
practices to ensure a consistent level of service delivery.
7. Ensure the provision of excellent customer service and
experience to all stakeholders in order to maximise customer
8. Collecting and analysing information regarding the properties in
scope and other high-risk properties to ensure or assist eliminate
any unknown factors.
10. Preparing the organisation for a new and upcoming changes in