Top 15 firm seeking to appoint an Audit and Accounts Assistant Manager to work within their Leeds office.
The appointment is due to growth and the success they’re experiencing year on year. As Audit and Accounts Manager you will have drive to achieve results. Will take a reflective and probing, problem solving approach to the role and have an eye for detail in order to maintain quality standards. The role requires someone who has sound technical knowledge and skills and can be relied upon for their persistence and the ability to see a job through to conclusion.
You will be responsible for the preparation accounts and audit assignments reporting to the job manager.
Working under the guidance of a manager or partner, you may be responsible for the supervision of junior staff, will be required to work within an agreed budget using a standard approach agreed at the planning stage with the manager or partner.
You will be expected to use your technical knowledge to identify areas for improvement/efficiency.
The key duties of this role are as follows:-
* Produce an accounts/audit working file.
* Lead audit work in accordance with the agreed procedures.
* Produce an accounts/audit summary and a list of discussion points for the manager or partner.
* Work within a budget agreed at the planning stage.
* Produce draft tax computations and a provision for inclusion in the accounts.
* Inclusion of statutory disclosures in line with the company checklist.
* You will be expected to professionally represent the firm and its interests in dealings with clients and other professionals.
* You will be expected to attend training to further develop and maintain your technical skills and if not yet attained to work towards a professional qualification.
* You will be expected to supervise and help develop more junior members of staff.
* You will be expected to contact clients in connection with non-technical issues such as the collection of debtors and be involved on an ongoing basis in administrative activities such as billing.
* You will be expected to plan and control your professional work for the firm’s clients within the firm’s standard procedures. You will be able to identify basic planning opportunities.
* You will be expected to identify and act upon any opportunities you see within the professional work you do to sell more services to existing prospective clients
Ability to juggle a number of jobs, whilst demonstrating excellent time management skills to ensure all deadlines and expectations are met.
Prepared for meetings, communicates with line manager regularly, listens and takes on board views of others, is proactive, ensures that tasks are followed through, loose ends are tied up and the job is completed