Wilmington PLC are looking for a Accounts Assistant
Accounts Assistant – 12 Month FTC
Location: Basildon – SS15 6EF
Salary: £19k – £22k DOE
Term: Full Time, 12 month FTC
Why do we want you?
You have experience in cashbook accounting such as accounts receivable, invoicing, sales ledger etc and you are looking for an interesting, accounting role with a very broad remit. This role is more than just processing bank accounts, you’ll be managing bank accounts, double entry bookkeeping and generally getting involved in a variety of cashbook related technical accounting tasks.
If you’re looking for variety and exposure to a broad range of cashbook related accounting tasks, this is definitely the type of opportunity that you’ll find of interest.
A bit about us.
Wilmington plc is a company with a difference. Over the years we’ve grown by acquisition and as such we have many unique businesses in our portfolio.
Here at Wilmington plc we provide information and training to professional business markets via a portfolio of well known professional service brands. Put simply, we enable professionals and their organisations to enhance performance by providing high quality, relevant and reliable information, education and knowledge.
You will be part of the Sales Ledger team primarily responsible for prompt and efficient postings of all debtor payments, other cashbook payments and receipts across all ledgers. You will also be responsible for supporting the daily accounts receivable process, supporting the AR/Cashbook Manager, responsible for assigned aspects of the daily processes, including accurate and timely application of receipts to Sun and also supporting the wider team to ensure an efficient service is provided.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
– Prompt identification of all receipts and payments from bank statements and posting to debtor/creditor and other nominal ledger accounts as appropriate on a daily basis, including ledger management and house-keeping of sundry balances.
– Preparation, processing and posting of payments
– Perform weekly bank reconciliations
– Other monthly balance sheet reconciliations
– Administration, reconciliation and posting of petty cash transactions
– Processing and posting of cheques to debtor, creditor and other nominal ledger accounts as required
– Processing and posting of credit card transactions and direct debit set up and management as and when required
– Liaise and assist with queries with Company Divisions and credit control
– Investigate and reconcile customer accounts as and when required
– Process invoices and credit notes onto the debtor ledgers, including upload and VAT Reconciliation
– Set up of new client accounts in SUN
– To work on all elements of development requirements as and when operationally established.
– Other ad hoc duties as required
We always support colleagues to develop their skills but to be successful in this job you really do need to already be able to tick most of these boxes…
– Experience in the same or similar role is desirable
– To be able to process large amounts of data quickly and accurately
– Excellent communication and organisational skills, superb attention to detail and the ability to work on your own initiative
– Knowledge of SUN systems is desirable
– Ability to multitask and prioritise busy workload
– Ability to apply oneself to achieving deadlines and targets
– Basic excel
– Be proactive in the duties of the role
– Ability to work within a team to ensure teams common goals and targets are achieved and deadlines are met